Lemon Tart — a beautiful delicacy that originated in France and is being enjoyed worldwide due to its delicate creamy, yet tangy filling accompanied by a light tart crust, that crumbs right into your mouth.
Salivating yet? We are too!
But don’t worry, we won’t leave you in that misery. Instead, we have just brought to you an exclusive and easy tart recipe accompanied by a lemon tart.
We’re sure you will enjoy it.
- 180gms unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of 4 large lemons
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 100gms unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment
- Add the vanilla
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- Then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture
- Mix until the dough starts to come together
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and shape into a flat disk
- Wrap dough in Saran/cling wrap and chill for at least half hour
- Roll out the dough and place in a round tart pan. Press the dough in firmly to the edges and bottom.
- Chill again for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Take a square sheet of parchment paper (big to fit inside the chilled tart) and place it, on the pastry
- Fill with uncooked beans or rice
- Blind bake for 20 minutes
- Then, remove the parchment paper and beans/rice.
- Prick the tart all over with a fork, and bake again for 20 minutes more, or until lightly browned.
- Allow cooling to room temperature
- Remove the zest of the lemons with a vegetable peeler or zester, being careful to avoid the white pith (Picture 12 above)
- Squeeze the lemons to make about 1/2 cup of juice and set aside
- Mince the zest by chopping it, and add it to the sugar
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar and lemon zest.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then add the lemon juice and salt.
- Mix until creamy and well combined
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes.The lemon curd will thicken just before it simmers. Remove from the heat at this stage
- Fill the tart shell with warm lemon curd and keep at room temperature
- Serve with dollops of whipped cream