Motorola has announced a new variant of the existing Moto X4 smartphone, which was originally announced as a part of the Android One scheme.
While the original phone was no slouch, being the most-expensive Android One phone to date, the new model increases the RAM and storage, other than providing Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box.
Double The RAM, Double The Storage
The new RAM and storage combination is 6 GB and 64 GB, respectively. This is an increase over the original model’s 3 GB and 32 GB.
Also, the software has been upgraded to bring Android Oreo, which is a plus point over other mid-range phones. The Moto X4 will be able to make use of the tweaks and new features brought in by the update, such as Split-Window support, autofill support in third-party apps, better notification system, and more.
Other Details and Price
Other details, include the 5.2-inch 1080p display on the front, a Snapdragon 630 octa-core processor underneath, and two 12 MP cameras at the back. The pricing is still around INR 24000 (PKR 41,680), though it charges a INR 4000 (around PKR 7,000) premium over the standard model.
Lenovo Moto X4 Specifications
- CPU: 2.2 GHz octa-core Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 508
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 630
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo, stock
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Fingerprint scanner
- IP68 resistance against water and dust
- 5.2” IPS LCD with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass (unknown version)
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal: 64 GB
- Card slot: yes via microSD
- Primary: Dual 12 MP, f/2.0 + 8 MP, f/2.2, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Secondary: 16 MP, f/2.0 with an LED flash
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, LTE, Wi-Fiac, USB-C/OTG, NFC, GPS, FM Radio
- Colors: Sterling Blue, Super Black
- Battery: 3000 mAh, fast-charging supported
- Price: $399