Samsung’s ‘J series’ is quite popular in Pakistan for its affordable price range and mid-range specifications.
The company is now rolling out Galaxy J7 Core with 3 Gigs of RAM as opposed to 2 GB in the original variant.
Galaxy J7 Core was quite popular due to its dual messenger feature for maintaining separate accounts at the same time. The new 3 GB variant also sports a larger internal storage of 32GB (up from 16GB) so more apps can be installed on the phone now.
The HD screen, however, is the same with 5.5-inch size. A 13MP camera resides at the back with a 5MP shooter at the front.
The updated 2018 version of the Galaxy J7 Core (3GB Variant) comes with the following hardware specs:
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with a 1,280 x 720 HD resolution
- 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage
- Octa Core 1.6GHz Exynos 7870 processor
- Android v7.0 Nougat
- 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera
Samsung Galaxy J7 Core comes with a 3,000 mAh battery and weighs just over 170 g. The smartphone supports two SIM cards (Dual Standby) and will be available in a variety of colors.
Availability and Pricing
The Galaxy J7 Core 3GB variant is now available in the Pakistani market with a price tag of Rs. 26,999. At this price, Samsung J7 Core seems a bit overpriced for what it offers.
For around the same price you can get a Xiaomi Mi A1 with superior cameras, Android Oreo and better specifications which makes the J7 Core seems out of place in a market dominated by Xiaomi and Huawei.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Core Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Exynos 7870 Octa
- OS: Android Nougat 7.0 with TouchWiz
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual SIM
- 5.5-inch with 720p (1280 x 720) resolution
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal: 32 GB
- Card slot: yes, by 256 GB
- Primary: 13 MP, f/1.9, 28mm, autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: 5 MP, f/2.2, 23mm, LED flash
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, LTE
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Price: Rs. 26,999