Nokia’s latest mid-range X6 smartphone has gained a lot of traction in China. Straight out the gate, it has sold out several hundred thousand units in a matter of seconds.
This was announced by Nokia Mobile’s official Weibo account (Chinese social network), image via Nokia Poweruser:
You might be wondering how much of it is actually true or has Nokia even sold a large number of phones. After all, it’s easy to boast about selling out all your phones in seconds if you don’t even have that many in the first place.
Combining the Nokia X6 reservations at JD and Suning (Chinese retailers) the number easily crosses 700,000, proving that it isn’t a fluke.
Nokia has another sale planned for May 30th.
HMD Global also recently held a Twitter poll asking users if the Nokia X6 should make it to other countries as well. This shows that the phone is very likely to be launched globally.
About Nokia X6
Joining the notch trend, Nokia revealed the X6 in China last week. The phone comes with a large 5.8 inch 19:9 aspect ratio display with Full HD+ (2280 x 1080) resolution.
It is powered by a Snapdragon 636 and has 4 GB RAM alongside 32/64 GB of expandable storage.
The X6 has dual 16+5 MP cameras on the back and a single 16 MP shooter on the front.
Nokia X6 comes with a 3,060 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 and starts at $200 in China.
Nokia X6 Specifications
- CPU: 1.7 GHz octa-core Kryo 260
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, Android P planned
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Hybrid dual-SIM
- 5.8” 19:9 IPS LCD with FHD+ (2280 x 1080) resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Internal: 32/64 GB
- Card slot: yes
- Primary: 16 MP RGB f/2.0 + 5 MP monochrome f/2.2, LED
- Secondary: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: USB-C, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi ac, GPS, headphone-jack
- Fingerprint scanner and facial unlock
- Battery: 3060 mAh; Quick Charge 3.0
- Price: $200 (4 GB, 32 GB), $235 (4 GB, 64 GB), $270 (6 GB, 64 GB)