Applications for 2019/2020 Chevening Scholarship Program are now open from August 06, 2018 to November 06, 2018. Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship program that offers future leaders with a unique opportunity to study in the UK.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships. If you have ambition, leadership potential, and a strong academic background, then you are encouraged to apply here.
How to Apply?
Applications can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the Apply tab on their page.
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts and degree certificates (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK master’s course choices
- Names of two referees who know you in a professional or academic capacity
You will receive email updates about your application status at each step of the selection process. You can also check your status via the online application system. Log in using the details you registered with.
- 6 August 2018 Applications open at 12:00 BST
- 6 November 2018 Applications close at 12:00 GMT
- From 7 November 2018 Sifting of applications against eligibility criteria
- Mid-November to December 2018 Independent reading committees assess eligible applications
- January to early February 2019 Applicants are shortlisted for interviews by the British Embassies/High Commissions in-country
- By mid-February 2019 Applicants are notified that they have been selected for an interview
- 1 March 2019 Deadline for applicants invited to interview to submit references and undergraduate certificates
- 4 March to 1 May 2019 Global interview period
- Early June 2019 Announcement of interview results
- 11 July 2019 Deadline for UK university unconditional offers
- 11 July 2019 Deadline for meeting the English language requirement
- September/October 2019 2019/2020 Chevening Scholars commence their studies in the UK
Visit Chevening application timeline for more.
In order to receive a Chevening Award, all applicants must demonstrate that they have fulfilled the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019.
References are an integral part of the selection process, they are required for both the fellowship and scholarship programs. You must supply the names of two referees at the time of submitting your application.
Reference must be:
- Written in English. Your application will not be considered for an award if your references are not written in English.
- Uploaded to your application form in PDF format. The file must be no larger than 5MB.
Your reference should cover the following:
1) How long have you known the applicant?
2) In what capacity do you know the applicant? (e.g. professional, educational, supervisory, voluntary, religious)
3) When you last had regular contact with the applicant
4) A brief overall endorsement of the applicant, including their:
- Skills in leadership and networking
- Personal, intellectual, and interpersonal qualities
- Ability to complete a demanding academic program in the UK
If you are shortlisted to interview for a Chevening Award, you will be invited to attend an interview in the city where the British embassy or high commission has a representation.
Prior to the Interview
Prior to attending your interview, and by 25 February 2019, you will be asked to upload the following documents to the online application system:
- Education documents. Copies of your transcripts and certificates.
- Scholars and fellows are required to upload a short biography that tells us more about you.
- Copy of your passport photo page (for fellowships only)
Your two referees will also be contacted and asked to submit their references by 25 February 2019.
What is Included in the Scholarship?
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grants to attend Chevening events in the UK