Accidental reveals/leaks are common these days, with Huawei falling victim this time around. Meet the Mate 20 Lite, available in Poland for purchase.
It improves a winning formula, making sure that it stays ahead in the mid-range market.
Design and Display
The Mate 20 Lite ditches the traditional tall 18:9 aspect ratio design for the notched design, kinda like its P20 brethren. The back features a similar vertical camera orientation as the Mate 10 Lite with a fingerprint sensor underneath, although they’re not encased in the same module. They protrude more now, a bad design choice which looks cool but isn’t practical at all.
It features a 6.3-inch Full HD+ (2340 x 1080) resolution 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, which translates to roughly 409 PPI pixel density and 81% screen to body ratio.
Internals and Storage
Another upgrade to the Mate 20 Lite is the Huawei’s homebrew Kirin 710 processor with an upgrade GPU. It also supports the GPU turbo tech which boosts framerates and improves the efficiency of the graphics chip inside the SoC.
It comes with 4 GB RAM, at least on the Polish website, and will be available with 6 GB RAM in some regions. Storage options are limited to 64 GB with a microSD card slot.
It runs on Android Oreo 8.1, no Android Pie on this one, with EMUI 8.2 on top.
Cameras have also been bumped up in terms of pixel count, with 20+2 MP sensors on the back and 24+2 MP on the front. PDAF and a LED flash is also featured on the back.
We’ll have to wait for a review unit to see how it performs compared to the Mate 10 Lite.
Battery and Storage
The battery capacity has also been increased to 3,750 mAh, coupled with Huawei’s Supercharge tech.
It is currently available in Poland for PLN 1,599 which is around $436 or roughly Rs. 54,000. This is a bit too expensive for a mid-range phone, hopefully, the phone will cost less once it launches in Pakistan.
Huawei Mate 20 Lite Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core (4x 2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- Chipset: Huawei Kirin 710
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, with Emotion UI 8.2
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Hybrid dual-SIM
- 6.3″ IPS LCD with 19.5:9 FHD+ (2340 x 1080) resolution
- 409 PPI pixel density
- 81% screen-to-body ratio
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Internal: 64 GB
- Card slot: yes, supports up to 256 GB
- Primary: Dual 20 MP (f/1.8) + 2 MP (depth sensor), phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: Dual 24 MP + 2 MP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS, microUSB
- Fingerprint scanner, GPU Turbo
- Battery: 3750 mAh, fast-charging
- Price: PLN 1,599 ($436/Rs. 54,000)