The district administration of Lahore has announced that 29 national and multinational companies will set up their stalls at Ramazan Bazaars to offer low-priced products.
The designated stalls will sell the products with a 10 to 20 percent subsidy compared to the regular market rates. Along with these subsidized stalls, the district administration has decided to provide 19 items at subsidized prices on Green Channel Stalls at 30 Ramazan bazaars.
These 19 items include sugar, flour, pulses, fruits, vegetables, and rice, among others. Metropolitan Corporation Lahore’s (MCL) District Officer for Food Chaudhry Asghar told that all Ramazan Bazaars will be set up in the city on May 3.
The decision was made in a meeting chaired by Lahore Deputy Commissioner Saleha Saeed at Nadir Hall. Representatives of national and multinational companies, assistant commissioner, and district officer food (MCL) also attended the meeting.
DC Lahore said that the administration will provide relief to the masses through Ramazan bazaars. She said that the district administration will protect and monitor the subsidized items at night time as well.
List of Companies Providing Discounted Rates
Saeed also asked the private companies to put up their best quality items on stalls. Companies that will provide discounted rates on their items include:
- Sufi Beverages, 15 percent
- Aftab Qarshi, 20 percent
- Lifestyle International, 15 percent
- Qarshi Industries, 10 percent
- Gourmet Foods, 10 percent
- Vital Group, 8 percent
- Mazan Beverages, 10 percent
- Shezan International, 10 percent
- White Industries, 20 percent
- Uppal Pharma, 15 percent
- Versatile Herbal Pharma, 15 percent
- Kisan Oil, 10 percent
- Hamdard Pakistan, 10 percent
- Sweba Unani Industry, 20 percent
- Marhaba Laboratories, 15 percent
- Habib Oil, 5 percent
- RC Cola, 10 percent
- Kashmir Banaspathi, 12 percent
- Dewan Foods, 10 percent
- Six-B Foods Industries, 20 percent
- Mustaq Herbal Pharma, 15 percent
- Smart Foods, 15 percent
- Al Hilal Industries, 10 percent
- Orange Foods, 15 percent
- Mitchell Foods, 10 percent
- Nestle Pakistan Ltd, 10 percent
- Sufi Frozen Foods, 20 percent