Karachi city administration has approved a fleet of 200 air-conditioned buses for the city.
The development took place on Wednesday when Sindh Transport Ministry signed a contract with a private bus service provider.
Under the agreement, the provincial government will run as many as 1000 AC buses on 40 different routes around the city.
Commissioner Karachi, Iftikhar Shallwani, said the first fleet of 200 CNG buses will hit the roads in next couple of months. In a meeting headed by the commissioner, the city administration finalized 14 routes for the first fleet with each route being 15 kilometers long.
These routes were approved by the Road Transport Authority (RTA):
- Landhi (Babar Market) to Baldia
- Surjani Town to Korangi
- Landhi (Quaidabad) to Surjani
- Gulshan-i-Maymar to Tower
- Landhi to Lea Market
- Gulshan-i-Hadeed to Lucky Star
- Landhi (Bhains Colony) to Sadder
- Malir Cantt to Tower
- Malir Khokhrapar to Tower
- North Karachi 7D to Tower
- Shah Faisal Colony to Fisheries
- LERP Colony to Dockyard
- Taiser Town to Fisheries
- Dawood Chowrangi to Tower