All eyes will be on Pakistani Prime Minister, Imran Khan who will be making his much-anticipated speech at the 74th session of United Nations General Assembly today. It is worth mentioning that Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi’s address is also scheduled for today.
The general debate will continue in General Assembly Hall in the 9th plenary meeting. The meeting will begin with an address by Paramasivum Pillay Vyapoory, President of the Republic of Mauritius.
The following order will be followed for the general debate:
- Muhammad Jusuf Kalla, Vice-President, Republic of Indonesia
- Thomas Motsoahae Thabane, Prime Minister, Kingdom of Lesotho
- Narendra Modi, Prime Minister, Republic of India
- Erna Solberg, Prime Minister, Norway
- Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister, Republic of Singapore
- Imran Khan, Prime Minister, Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- Andrew Holness, Prime Minister, Minister of Defence, Economic Growth and Job Creation, Jamaica
- Marjan Šarec, Prime Minister, Republic of Slovenia
- Mia Amor Mottley, Prime Minister, Minister for National Security and the Civil Service, and Minister for Finance, Economic Affairs and Investment, Barbados
- Qohir Rasulzoda, Prime Minister, Republic of Tajikistan
- Edi Rama, Prime Minister and Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Republic of Albania
- Kyriakos Mitsotakis, Prime Minister, Hellenic Republic
- Hubert Alexander Minnis, Prime Minister, Commonwealth of the Bahamas
- Timothy Harris, Prime Minister, Minister for Sustainable Development, National Security, People Empowerment and Constituency Empowerment, Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Russian Federation
- Solomon Islands
The meeting will begin at 9:00 am New York time, which translates to 6:00 pm Pakistan standard time and it will conclude at 2:45 pm i.e. 11:45 pm.
Imran Khan will address the assembly after Narendra Modi, which means that he would be able to counter-argue his Indian counterpart’s raised points. The premier is set to talk about the Kashmir issue and climate change in particular after he had promised to act as the ambassador for Kashmir at the global stage after the illegal abrogation of Article 370.