Pakistani Prime Minister, Imran Khan’s following has increased a lot ever since his party came into power in 2018. Six months ago, the premier was ranked at 9th place in the list of most followed world leaders with 9.4 million followers on Twitter.
PM Khan’s speech at the United Nations General Assembly in September, highlighting the Kashmir issue, Islamophobia, climate change, and blasphemy, made sure that he was being viewed as a leader of not just Pakistan, but the entire Muslim ummah.
His following has shot up rapidly after the speech and according to the latest statistics, Khan is the 6th most followed leader in the world.
Here’s the list of top 8 most followed leaders on Twitter:
- Donald Trump – 65.3 million
- Narendra Modi – 50.6 million
- Pope Francis – 18.1 million
- Tayyip Erdogan – 14.1 million
- Joko Widodo – 12.2 million
- Imran Khan – 10.5 million
- Rania Al Abdullah – 10.46 million
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum – 9.9 million
The previous rankings for top 10 leaders are listed below:
- Donald Trump – 59.5 million
- Narendra Modi – 46.7 million
- Pope Francis – 17.9 million
- Tayyip Erdogan – 13.6 million
- Sushma Swaraj – 12.4 million
- Joko Widodo – 11.1 million
- Rania Al Abdullah – 10.4 million
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum – 9.6 million
- Imran Khan – 9.4 million
- King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz – 7.3 million
What are your thoughts on the list? Let us know in the comments section.