Vivo launched the first Y20 series handset back in August 2020 and since then, the Chinese manufacturer has added five new devices to the series, the latest one being Vivo Y20G. As compared to its predecessors, the handset comes with tweaked internals but the aesthetics, on the other hand, are the same.
Design and Display
The Vivo Y20G features a design similar to other handsets in the series. It is built around a 6.51-inch LCD panel with 720p resolution, a waterdrop notch, and a 20:9 aspect ratio.
Internals and storage
The smartphone comes with the Helio G80 SoC at the helm topped with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB onboard storage. It boots Android 11-based Funtouch OS 11 and supports memory expansion via an external SD card.
Around the back, the Vivo Y20G sports a triple sensor camera setup with a 13 MP main sensor and two 2 MP modules as macro and depth sensors.
For selfies, it is equipped with an 8 MP shooter.
Battery and Pricing
It packs a 5,000 mAh battery that charges through a micro USB port at up to 18W.
The smartphone is currently available for sale in India and costs $205.
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G80 (12 nm)
- OS: Android 10, Funtouch 11
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 6.51 inches, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal: 128 GB
- Primary: 13 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP
- Selfie: 8 MP
- Connectivity: LTE, MicroUSB, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0,
- Fingerprint scanner: Yes (side-mounted)
- Battery: 5000 mAh (18W charging)
- Price: $205