Oppo has quietly launched a new budget-friendly handset dubbed the A55 in China. The new device has been launched at the heels of Oppo A93 5G, another budget-friendly 5G compatible smartphone from the company. Oppo A55 comes with the MediaTek Dimensity 700 chipset and a big battery.
Design and Display
Design-wise, the handset borrows most of its features from the recently launched Oppo A93. It has a similar rectangular camera bump and a similar semi-matte finish back.
Oppo A55 is built around 6.5-inch LCD with HD+ resolution, a waterdrop notch, and a standard 60 Hz refresh rate.
Internals and Storage
Internally, the handset is powered by the Dimensity 700 chipset topped with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB onboard expandable storage.
The software front is handled by ColorOS 11.1 flavored Android 11.
Oppo A55 5G comes with three cameras on the back featuring 13 MP main sensor, and two 2 MP auxiliary shooters, one for depth sensing and one for close-ups. Since the smartphone comes with a mid-range chipset, it limits video recording to 1080p at 30fps, while slow-mo clips are capped at 720p.
For selfies, it comes with an 8 MP single sensor shooter.
Battery and Pricing
The system is powered by a 5000 mAh battery that charges over a USB Type-C port with 10W charging.
The phone is already available for sale and costs $245.
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- OS: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, 5G
- LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 6.5 inches, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, 60 Hz refresh rate
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal: 128 GB
- Primary: 13 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP
- Selfie: 8 MP
- Connectivity: LTE, USB Type-C, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0,
- Fingerprint scanner: Yes (Side-mounted)
- Battery: 5000 mAh (10W charging)
- Price: $245