Punjab Govt Changes Names of Colleges Depending on Offered Programs

Higher Education Department (HED) Punjab has officially ratified the change in the nomenclature of public sector colleges of the province.

According to the notification, the nomenclature of colleges where BS programs are being offered has been changed to Government Graduate College.


43 Chinese Companies to Invest in Gwadar SEZ

The nomenclature of colleges where BS programs are not offered has been renamed to Government Associate Colleges.

Moreover, Government Associate Colleges will be upgraded to Government Graduate Colleges once they start offering BS programs.

In addition to current programs, HED has permitted Government Associate Colleges, including Commerce and Home Economics Colleges, to offer Associate Degree Programs in market-oriented disciplines.


PEIRA Directs Private Schools & Colleges to Begin New Session in August

During a press briefing, Raja Yasir Humayun Sarfraz, Minister for Higher Education Punjab, said that Associate Degree Programs will encourage students to learn in a creative manner rather than depending on cramming ability.

HED’s decision will not only allow the graduates to get better jobs but also make Pakistani degrees receive more recognition across the world, noted the Minister.