After launching the A95 5G yesterday, Oppo has launched another A-series handset, the A53s 5G in India with Dimensity 700 chipset, two RAM options, a big battery, and three cameras on the back.
Design and Display
The phone comes with a plain back and a rectangular camera bump. On the front, it features a 6.52-inch LCD screen with HD+ resolution and a waterdrop notch. The aspect ratio is 20:9 and image pixel density is locked at 269 PPI.
The fingerprint sensor is mounted on the side and the smartphone will be available in Crystal Blue or Ink Black colors.
Internals and Storage
Internally, the smartphone is driven by the octa-core Dimensity 700 chipset with 6 GB or 8 GB RAM and 128 gigs of storage. The company has provided room for a micro-SD in a long tray that can host two SIM cards and a memory card up to 2 TB.
Oppo A53s 5G runs Android 11, topped with Color OS 11.1. For connectivity, it offers Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 5.0.
The triple sensor camera at the back comes with a 13 MP main shooter, a 2 MP depth sensor for portrait shots, and a 2 MP macro cam. The selfie camera has an 8 MP sensor.
Battery and Pricing
The system is fueled by a 5,000 mAh. The listing does not reveal information regarding fast charging.
The phone will be made available for pre-order soon at a $200 price tag for the base variant.
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- OS: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, 5G
- IPS LCD, 6.52 inches, 720 x 1600 pixels, 269 ppi density, 20:9
- RAM: 6 GB, 8 GB
- Internal: 128 GB
- Primary: 13 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP
- Secondary: 8 MP
- Connectivity: LTE, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C
- Fingerprint scanner: Yes (side mounted)
- Battery: 5000 mAh