The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has invited applications from the residents of Gilgit Baltistan (GB) for the undergraduate (four/five year BS programs) scholarship program.
Bright students from GB will be awarded scholarships to study in top HEC-recognized public sector universities/degree awarding institutions all over Pakistan.
The scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2021-22 in all areas of study/discipline under the project titled “Undergraduate Scholarship Program for the Students of Gilgit Baltistan in Top Pakistani Universities/Institutions (Batch-I)”
Here are all the details about these scholarships:
- Applicants must possess domicile of Gilgit Baltistan.
- Applicants must have completed SSS/HSSC/or equivalent. Those who have completed SSC/HSSC/or equivalent from Gilgit Baltistan will be prioritized.
- Those who are already availing of any other scholarship are not eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- Students already enrolled in any BS program in public sector universities/institutions (maximum one academic year/session) before the announcement of these scholarships may also apply.
- Applicants can apply to any public sector university/institution in Pakistan. However, they must bear any expenditure exceeding the cost mentioned in PC-1.
- The maximum age limit is 22 years on the closing date of application submission.
- Applicants will have to meet the criteria of HEC and university/institution for admission in BS programs.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to submit applications only through HEC’s Online Portal. Applications in the hard form will not be entertained.
- They are required to deposit Rs. 500 (non-refundable) application fee in Account No. 17427900133401, Habib Bank Limited, SRC H-9 Branch, Islamabad.
- Applicants are required to upload the scanned copy of the bank receipt along with their application on the HEC’s Online Portal.
- Applicants will be short-listed based on their score on Aptitude Test and their academic credentials.
- They must secure 50% in the Aptitude Test that will be conducted by the Education Testing Council (ETC) of the HEC.
- The scholarships will be awarded to students irrespective of their gender, caste, race, and religion.
- The scholarships will cover tuition fees, hostel fees, and other charges up to Rs. 240,000 per year.
- A stipend of Rs. 15,000 per month.
- Books and traveling allowance of Rs. 30,000 per year.
The last date to apply for the Batch-I of the HEC’s Undergraduate Scholarship Program for the Students of Gilgit Baltistan in Top Pakistani Universities/Institutions is 25 October 2021.
Applicants are advised to regularly check their emails and HEC’s official website for any updates regarding the scholarships.