Nadra introduces multiple initiatives for Overseas Pakistanis and foreigners, where they can register themselves to enjoy different facilities. National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistani (NICOP) is for those Pakistani citizens who shift abroad for studies or business purposes. On the other hand, Pakistan Origin Card (POC) is for foreigners or former citizens of the country.
For the convenience of people, Nadra also allows you to apply for Pakistan Origin Card online from anywhere in the world. In this article, you will find every single piece of information that you need: From eligibility to Pakistan origin card fee. After reading this, you will have complete knowledge of how to apply for a Nadra POC in Pakistan or anywhere in the world. You will also learn to renew a Pakistan-origin card.
Are you eligible for Pakistan Origin Card?
In order to get the POC, you need to meet certain conditions of Nadra. Here are the eligibility criteria for POC in Pakistan:
- Pakistani nationals in the past and surrendered their nationality.
- Foreign national married to a Pakistani citizen
- Foreign citizens but parents or grandparents are or were Pakistani nationals.
- Foreigners but family or relatives are or were Pakistani nationals.
If you meet these standards, you are eligible for POC. You will get the card if you live in any country except for the following:
- National or citizen of India, Taiwan, and Israel.
- Citizen or national of any country or state not recognized by Pakistan.
- National or citizen of any enemy country.
Once you know the eligibility criteria, you can move forward to learn more about the Pakistan-origin card.
List of Countries in Dual Nationality Agreement With Pakistan
Pakistan has agreements with a few countries which enable you to keep your foreign nationality while applying for POC for Pakistan. Go through the list down below to check if you are a citizen of any of these countries:
- United State of America
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- Germany (Only for children of Pakistani nationals born in Germany)
What are the Benefits of POC?
Registering yourself to Nadra for POC will enable you to enjoy the following perks:
- Multiple Visa-free entries in Pakistan
- Unlimited Stay in Pakistan without the need to report to local Police or foreigners’ registration offices, etc.
- Able to Buy, Sell or own moveable and immovable properties around the country.
- POC holders can open and use a bank account in Pakistan.
- Quick immigration process during entry and exit from Pakistan.
- Apply for jobs within the country.
- And, of course, it is ID proof to present to any authority in Pakistan.
What Documents are Required for Pakistan Origin Card Application?
For Smart Pakistan Origin Card, you must also have some documents. Here is the list of the documents mentioned on the official Nadra site:
- Original old CNIC/NICOP.
- Application to cancel the old CNIC/CRC/NICOP, if you are more than 21 years old.
- Foreign nationals will submit an Affidavit.
- NICOP is for Overseas nationals, but if you apply for a Pakistan Origin card, you will require a renunciation certification to prove the cancellation of CNIC.
- Passport/CNIC/POC/NICOP of Pakistani National Parents/grandparents, and any document to prove your relationship with them.
- Passport/CNIC/POC/NICOP of Pakistani National Siblings/relatives, as well as any document to prove your relationship with them.
- Attested copy of the marriage certificate and the CNIC/NICOP/Passport of Pakistani national Spouse.
However, you are not supposed to arrange every single document mentioned above. Depending on your particular case, you will only attach the required documents.
How to Apply For Nadra Pakistan Origin Card (POC)?
Now, let’s talk about applying for POC. Apply online through the official site of Nadra. You will visit the Pak Identity website of NADRA for this POC for Pakistan:
- First, you must create an account on the Pak Identity Portal on NADRA if you don’t have one.
- After you enter the information for Signing up, you will receive a variation code through SMS or email. Enter that OTP to verify.
- After confirmation/verification, you will sign into the portal, click on the Apply for POC option, or tap on POC cancellation for discontinuation.
- When you reach the POC page, here you will be able to renew your Pakistan-origin card.
- For POC renewal, you will select the “My Pakistan Origin Card (POC) has expired” option from the drop-down menu.
- It will show the option to renew a Pakistan-origin card, which you will click to proceed. Otherwise, click on Apply Now at the top of the page.
- After this, the process will start, and you will fill in all the vital information in the Pakistan Origin card application.
- You can also attach the required documents to the application in PDF format.
In the next step, you will pay the processing fee of the application through a debit or credit card. Make sure that you enter all the information; otherwise, your request may get rejected.
Pakistan Origin Card Fee Structure
Finally, you have arrived at the last section of the article, where you will learn the fee for the Nadra Pakistan Origin Card. There are multiple types of services being offered by Nadra related to the POC; therefore, only pay the charges of the service you are applying for. Also, Nadra gives you the option to choose the delivery type.
|Service Type||Normal (31 days)||Urgent (23 days)||Executive (7 days)|
|Modification (Change in your existing POC data)||$200||$250||$300|
|Cancellation of POC||N/A||N/A||$15|
The article talks about how to apply for Nadra Pakistan Origin Card (POC) in Pakistan. Read the article from the top to the end very carefully. Missing any information may cause you to end up nowhere. Also, visit Nadra’s site for more information or your queries in the comment section.