The Islamabad Electric Supply Company Limited (IESCO) was founded in 1998 to distribute WAPDA’s burden of responsibilities, functions, and assets in Islamabad. The CEO of IESCO, Amjad Khan, has more authority than all other administrations of PAEC and WAPDA. Being a pure Pakistani company, IESCO sells, distributes, and supplies electricity from Attock to Jhelum. It facilitates 3 million consumers directly and also eases the lives of 25 million-plus people living around its service areas. To apply online for a new IESCO connection in Islamabad, follow this procedure exactly as explained below.
If it’s difficult for you to visit the IESCO office in person to apply for a new electricity connection, you can easily avail of their online services.
Required Documents for New Connection
- Name of the applicant
- Permanent Address
- Postal Address
- Phone Number
- Minimum Load
- Connection type
- Neighbor details
- Proof of the ownership of your residence or commercial property like a transfer letter or the registry of the place.
- The applicant has to provide proof that their residence or commercial property doesn’t have an existing electricity connection and that there are no payments due either. Any due payments must be paid first by the applicant.
- If there is more than one owner of those properties, all the owners must hand the power of attorney to the applicant first. The applicant must provide the power of attorney from each owner as well.
- The applicant’s attested CNIC copy
- If the application is for more than a single-phase meter, then two witness ID Card copies are required. A copy of the tariff must be given to the applicant and both the witnesses. The signing of two witnesses is not required if the type of connection is residential or commercial.
- If the applicant is a tenant of the premises, then the owner of the property must provide a NOC.
To Apply for a New Electricity Connection in Islamabad
- Click here to visit IESCO’s official page – IESCO’s Official Website
- Click on “Apply New Connection”
- Fill in the form carefully
- Submit the online form
- Print out a copy of the application form
- Attach all the above-mentioned documents with the form
- Send it to the concerned IESCO office
- When your documents will be verified, you will be sent a Demand Notice
- Pay the Demand Notice to the designated bank
- Make a copy of the paid Demand Notice
- Send the copy to the concerned office
- When your Demand Payment Notice is verified, a new connection will be given.
New Electricity Connection Charges in Islamabad
1. Single Phase Meter – Fixed Cost
- Length of service line upto and including 40 meters – Rs.4000
- Length of service line above 40 meters, upto and including 100 meters (with one span LT with Ant Conductor and one Pole) – Rs.4000 + 200 per meter above 40 meters
- Length of service line above 100 meters, upto and including 160 meters (with two span LT with Ant Conductor and two Poles) – Rs.16000 + 250 per meter above 100 meters
2. Three Phase Meter – Fixed Cost
- Length of service line upto and including 40 meters – Rs.15000
- Length of service line above 40 meters, upto and including 100 meters (with one span LT with Ant Conductor and one Pole) – Rs.15000 + 260 per meter above 40 meters
- Length of service line above 100 meters, upto and including 160 meters (with two span LT with Ant Conductor and two Poles) – Rs.30600 + 300 per meter above 100 meters
- Length of service line above 160 meters, upto and including 280 meters – Rs.48600 + 340 per meter above 160 meters.