The first order of business – after having bought the phone – is always to buy a screen protector for your phone. Because the screen is the part of a smart device that is most likely to be easily damaged. Screen protectors are cheap and easily available for most of the smart devices. However, if you aren’t able to find the screen protector for your device, then making a screen protector at home is not a problem. This article is all how to make a cheap screen protector.
Before we start, we’d like to point out that these screen protectors are not a replacement for the tempered glass protector which we use on our smart devices nowadays. With that said, the screen protectors we will tell you about are simple protectors that would protects the screen of your smart device from scratches and dust particles. So, without further ado, let’s get to it.
Also Read: How to dye your at home
How to Make a Cheap Screen Protector | Method #1
Following are the materials you need to make a screen protector.
- Transparent packing tape
- Scissors or craft knife
- Permanent Marker
- Bowl of water
- Dish Soap
- Credit/Debit Card
In order to make a screen protector for your device, you need to do the following.
- Firstly, take a ruler and measure the screen size of your device. Measure both, the length and the width.
- Now use a permanent marker to mark the width of the screen on the packing tape before unrolling it. Use the measurement which you have taken in the first step.
- Unroll the packing tape and mark the length of the screen.
- Take a scissor and cut the tape from where the length is marked.
Note: Always cut the tape an inch more than the marked point to avoid fingerprints on the tape.
- Hold the tape from the excess part.
- After that, take a small bowl full of water and put two to three drops of dish soap in it.
Note: Avoid making the water foamy.
- Now soak the tape in the water for a few seconds.
- Make sure there is not a single dust particle on the screen.
- Put two small drops of water on the screen and apply the tape from the bottom of the screen.
- Use credit/debit card to remove air bubbles and excess water from the screen. Push it from the bottom to the top to remove all the air bubbles.
- Finally, cut the excess tape with the help of scissors and don’t touch the screen for at least 1 hour to avoid moving the tape around.
Note: You can use a craft knife to cut the tape from the speaker, camera and the home-button.
This method is quite simple. You can use it to make screen protectors for your tablets, laptops and smartphones. Below are the materials you need to make a screen protector.
Just read the following instructions for the complete procedure.
- Go to a craft store and find the thinnest transparent self-adhesive vinyl.
- You won’t need the entire sheet of vinyl so ask them to cut you a piece of it.
- Now place the vinyl on a hard surface and cut out the piece of vinyl according to the dimensions of your phone’s, tab’s or laptop’s screen.
- After that, use a tissue or a cloth to remove any dust particles from the screen.
- Now place the carved vinyl piece on the screen.
- Use a credit card to remove air bubbles.
- Once you’ve placed the vinyl on the screen, cut off the excess vinyl with the help of a blade, a box cutter or a scissor.
Note: Use a ruler or credit card to cut off the excess vinyl from the screen edges.
- Use the blade or a box cutter to cut out vinyl from the button and speaker area.
- Finally, take your credit and push it from the bottom of the screen to the top to remove air bubbles.
There you have it! This is how you can make a cheap screen protector for your devices such as smartphone, smartwatch or tablets etc. at home. Let us know in the comments if you have found this guide helpful.