Most of us do not even realize that our licenses have expired until we have trouble on the road. However, getting it renewed in Islamabad is not a hassle and involves a short process. Just one experience will be enough to convince you not to put off renewing it again. This article will teach you how to renew Islamabad driving license, and the documents required for it.
Validity of Islamabad Driving License
A driving license is normally valid for around three to five years. It is important to have it renewed on time to avoid unfavorable circumstances.
The best thing about getting the license renewed is that you do not have to take the driving test again. The only requirement is certain documents.
There are different ways to get your license renewed: you can either visit the license center or apply online.
Renew Islamabad Driving License
You can book an appointment online with the traffic police. However, the online portal issues a limited number of appointments each day, and the other way to get it done is the walk-in token system.
Here is how to do the latter:
- Go to the Islamabad Traffic Police office, show your original CNIC card at the reception, and get a token.
- Proceed with the biometric verification and get your picture taken.
- Wait for your turn, go to the counter, and fill out the form you are given.
- Attach the required documents to the form and submit it.
- Fee submission: you will have to pay an amount of Rs. 1,149 after 1 year of the expiry date, or Rs. 1,949 after one to three years of its expiration. After three years of expiration, the applicant will also have to take driving and theory tests and pay a fee of Rs. 4,649.
- After going through the fee process, you will be given a confirmation slip that contains the license receiving date from the representative.
- Visit the license center on the given date and receive your license.
- Medical report. This is the Form-B that you can download from the ITP website.
- A COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- Two passport-sized photographs.
- Two copies of your CNIC (valid).
- The applicant will also need to carry the original driving license.
Importance of a Valid License
Driving without a valid driving license is prohibited, and you will be responsible for any mishaps in such a case. Getting your license renewed is very important and is not even difficult anymore. The process is very smooth whether you apply online or at the ITP office.
Note that the fee can change and we will try to keep it up to date.
Learn more about getting an international driving license in Pakistan here.