- Download and install the Bluestack emulator in your PC.
- After that, launch the bluestack emulator and add your google account.
- Log in to your account and install any android app you want in your PC.
Yes, you have heard it right, we can run android apps and android games on PC but how that will be discussed later in the article. First, we need to understand what is android and what PC Windows is. Make sure that you read the full guide to How to run android apps on PC.
Android is a mobile operating system which is based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open-source software. The android operating system was designed for smartphones and tablets. Android Inc. was founded in 2003. However, in 2005 Google bought Android Inc. In 2007 Google unveiled an android operating system and the first android device was launched in 2008.
Benefits of android:
- The android operating system is versatile and developer-friendly.
- It is user-friendly.
- It is free to develop an app for Android.
Windows OS is a computer operating system developed by Microsoft Corporation. It is used to run personal computers and the first graphical user interface (GUI) IBM-compatible PCs also used this Windows OS. It was developed in 1985. Now almost 90% of personal computers use Windows OS. Microsoft also launched windows mobile phones.
Benefits of Windows:
- It is easy to use.
- It has a huge selection of software’s which are easily available.
- Plug and play.
You can install different applications on both operating systems but some applications cannot be run on your PC. Your personal computer uses a different operating system so you won’t be able to use that application if it’s not available on windows store.
Android apps are free to develop so there is a variety of apps which are available to the user in the Google play store. Sometimes you won’t see those apps on other platforms like IOS and Windows. Luckily for you with the advancement in technology you can use the app in PC which is running in your Android phone. However, you need to use some software if you want to use an Android app on the PC.
Applications on PC are much better now but sometimes you will see an app in Google App store that is quite useful. However, that app is not available on PC. To use that app on PC you need to install third-party software. To use android apps on PC you have to install some software and utilities which are easily available on the internet.
Below you will a see list of software’s you can use to run android apps.
- Bluestacks Emulator
- Phoenix OS
- Apower mirror
- Official Android emulator
- Android X-86
· Bluestacks Emulator
Bluestacks is one of the most common and powerful Android emulators that are available in today’s market. Bluestacks emulator allows us to run android games and applications on your Windows PC. It has a custom-designed interface that allows the user to change emulation settings and launch apps.
Bluestacks is equipped with Layercake technology that enhances the performance of different apps on PC. It uses hardware accelerators for improved performance of Android games and apps in PC. If you want to do streaming on twitch or YouTube then you must have a PC with 8GB of RAM. With high specifications of PC, you can run android apps and games smoothly.
You can install it for free with an option of 4$ per month. This monthly subscription will give you premium support and premium offers from app developers. To install Bluestacks emulator in your PC you need to follow some guidelines. The installation guidelines for Bluestacks emulator are given below:
How to run android apps on PC using Bluestacks Emulator
- First, you have to download the Bluestacks Emulator from Bluestacks official website.
- After downloading the software, you need to launch the downloaded application by double-clicking on it.
- After launching the installer, you have to select the drive for installing the software. As you can install Bluestacks emulator only in drive “c” so your boot drive will be selected by default.
- Once you have completed the installation process, you have to launch the application.
- After launching it, you need to login into your Google account. Just add your google account credentials and you are good to go. You will see all the apps, you can install and use on your PC.
· Phoenix OS
Phoenix OS is just like Remix OS but Remix OS is now discontinued. Phoenix OS is a full Android operating system which will run on your personal computer. It has all the functionality of a desktop OS that can run all android applications. In all these software’s you can only use compatible android applications. To install this Phoenix OS we have to follow some steps. The installation guidelines for Phoenix OS are given below:
How to run android apps on PC using Phoenix OS
- Download Phoenix OS software from their official website. You have to download the latest Phoenix OS software installer. You can download the .exe file or ISO file. It’s up to you.
- After downloading it, you have to launch the installer.
- To install it you have to create a new partition for it.
- Now install Phoenix OS in the new partition. This way you will create a bootable drive.
- Now select the size of the drive and letter for it as well. After this, you need to wait for the process to complete.
- Now reboot your PC and select Phoenix OS from the boot menu. This way you can use android applications. A new version of Phoenix OS has pre-installed applications on it.
· Apower Mirror
Apower mirror is a much better way to run android apps and games on your PC. It saves a lot of time as well. Bluestacks and Phoenix OS are different as compared to Apower Mirror. Apower Mirror simply mirrors the screen of your android smartphone to your computer screen. You can use and control your phone from your PC like you can do your Phone settings or you can use mobile Facebook on it as well. Apower mirror simply mirrors mobile screen so you can also play mobile games on it. We can play games like Sims, clash of clans and many more on it.
This software is quite simple and you can make adjustments in it as well. You can adjust display quality and also opt for full display as well. You can also use mouse and keyboard in it as well. You can edit your pictures or documents. It is just like using your phone on a PC with a bigger display. The installation guidelines for Apower Mirror are given below:
How to run android apps on PC using Apower Mirror
- Download the application on your PC.
- Now activate it after completing the installation process.
- After that plug your phone into your PC by inserting the USB cable.
- You will see that a window will pop up and will ask for permission for further operation.
- You need to click on “Accept” to allow the installation on your Android.
- After successfully installing the app, your app will be activated automatically. Now tap on “Don’t show again” and click on “START NOW” when you receive a window.
- Congrats! You can run Android apps on your PC. You just need a Wi-Fi connection. If this mode is disabled, you can again enable it by plugging in the USB cable.
· Official Android Emulator
To run Android apps on your PC you can use the official google emulator tool. Google released this emulator tool as a part of the official SDK. You have to install java first so you can emulate Android operating systems if you want to use or install android apps on your PC.
The users will find official Android Emulator quite difficult to use because the process is quite a time taking. As you have to download some large files to install it. It will take time so be patient. Most of the times Android App developers use this method for testing purpose. This method is good for app testing on different devices. The installation guidelines for official Android Emulator are given below:
How to run android apps on PC using official Android Emulator
- First, you need to install java in your computer
- In the next step Install Google’s Android SDK
- After installing it, launch the program.
- Now you need to download some files to complete the process. The files size will be large so keep a good amount of space empty in your drive.
- When you download all the files then click on tools
- After clicking on “Tools”, choose “Manager AVDs”.
- Now click on New button, you will see an AVD (Android Virtual Device) will be created. After that, you will click on the Start button to activate it.
Airdroid functionality is similar to Apower mirror. In both these software’s you can mirror your mobile phone screen on your PC. If you want to use your mobile phone in large then Airdroid is for you. Airdroid is much better when we compare it with Apower mirror because Airdroid offers more features. You can run Airdroid in chrome and as a standalone application as well.
Airdroid is a mirroring tool so you can mirror your mobile screen on to your PC. To use this Airdroid app you must install it in your mobile-first. You must have an Airdroid account.
How to run android apps on PC using Airdroid
- Open Airdroid in your computer and scan QR code.
- Now give root access to your phone so you can use the remote control function of Airdroid.
Airdroid is a good mirroring app but you will see a slight delay when you mirror it on your PC screen. However, it is better to use Airdroid because it does not require you to run apps in an emulated environment.
Android-X86 is not an official android product. It is an open-source project that allows users to use the latest android version on their PC. Android -X86 has many features and now they have added additional features in it as well. The latest version of Android-x86 has support for Google’s notification features, smart text selection, and OpenGL ES 3.x hardware acceleration for Intel, AMD, and NVidia graphics.
Android-x86 allows users to customize their home screens by allowing users to install third-party apps for themes and wallpapers. The installation guidelines for Android-x86 are given below:
How to run android apps on PC using Android-x86:
- To install this you must have 2GB free space in your hard drive. Now download the file to install this software.
- You need to download UNetbootin as well
- After that open Android-x86 ISO file with UNetbootin. From the list of options select USB and wait for UNetbootin to copy and install Android-x86 into your USB.
- Now Reboot your PC and select the USB drive from the boot menu.
- Now go into UNetbootin menu and click on Install Android-x86 to the hard drive.
- After that select the drive where you want to install it.
- During this process, you will be asked to install GRUB. If you want to install then select yes, and Yes again.
- After that, you will be asked, you want to enable Android-x86 to read and write data to your hard drive. Click on yes.
- Lastly, you need to reboot your computer and there you go, you can use all android apps. Just login into your Google account.
That’s how you can run android apps on your PC. This is quite beneficial for the mobile app developers and the people who just want to have some fun with their android devices. Do let us know in the comments if our guide worked for you.