Ramadan is the most favourite time of the year for Muslims all over the world. It’s that time of the year where people get together for Iftaar, Suhoor and Daily prayers. There’s an undeniable magic in the air during that time. Unfortunate it was not that big of an occasion this year, as the spread of Covid-19 forced us to lock ourselves in our homes to stay safe and protected.
This Ramadan was indeed a blessing but it was sad too. Sad because some could not have the same routines as they had in previous Ramadan. Most could not be with their friends and loved ones. Now, as this Ramadan was spent in homes because of the lockdown, our daily routines have been greatly disrupted. So, in this article, we will discuss how to set better routine after Ramadan 2020.
According to dieticians, sleep pattern, hydration, nutrition and exercise are the four key elements that can help us in setting a better daily routine. Sleep is the most important element because it affects our metabolism and overall health. With that said, the sleep patterns and eating habits that we’ve during Ramadan, ought to be changed to have a better daily routine.
Also Read: Health benefits of fasting
Here are some tips that can help in setting a better routine after Ramadan.
How to Set Better Routine after Ramadan 2020 | Tips
- If you were sleeping after suhoor during Ramadan, then you should push back the sleeping time by an hour or two. Keep doing this until you reach the normal bedtime.
- Take a shower before going to bed. It will help you to sleep better at night. After taking a shower, drink herbal tea with a teaspoon of honey before you go to bed.
- Do not consume caffeine before sleep.
- Ensure that your water intake is high as you return to your daily life because in Ramadan our body loses most of our water and salts. So, drinking more water in daily routine will save our body from dehydrating.
- Try to eat your dinner 2 to 3 hours before you go to bed.
- Make wise food choices like eating lots of fruits and vegetables.
- According to some recent studies, intermittent fasting with sufficient sleep can improve our immune system. So, continue the fasting trend in your daily routine but keep eating in small portions. Don’t keep yourself hungry for longer periods.
- Try to eat small portions of healthy food items like eat eggs and whole grain bread with fruits in your breakfast. Eat a salad or some vegetable in the lunch. This will gradually enable you to resume your habit of eating three meals in a day. In dinner, you can eat anything you want but try to avoid oily or greasy food.
- For better routine, you should get up early in the morning and go for exercise which will keep you healthy and fit. Go for small walks and stretching sessions after each meal.
Maintain the Good Habits Developed during Ramadan
The above-mentioned tips will definitely help you in setting a better routine after Ramadan. However, after Ramadan many people lose good habits that they develop during Ramadan such as praying 5 times daily, giving charity to poor and reciting Quran frequently. We ought to keep these habits with us as they bring us closer to Allah and help us in following the teachings of Islam in our daily lives.
This is all about how to set better routine after Ramadan 2020. Let us know in the comments if you have questions and pass the article around among your friends and family if you found it useful.