Similar to the booking of the train ticket, cancellation and refund of the ticket is also quite a simple process. It involves a few simple steps which can be done online. Numerous instances can cause us to change our minds, so there’s nothing to worry about, as train tickets can be cancelled and the amount can be refund easily. With that said, if you want to refund the amount of the train ticket, here’s how you can do it. This article is all about how to get a refund from Pakistan Railway Authority.
Pakistan Railway Refund Policy | E-Ticket and Paper Ticket
- 10% of the paid amount will be deducted if you’ve cancelled the booking 48 hours or more prior to the departure of the train from its originating station.
- The railway authority will deduct 20% of the paid amount on cancellation between 48 to 24 hours prior departure of the train from its originating station.
- If you’ve cancelled the booking within 24 hours of the departure of the train from its originating station, 30% of the paid amount will be deducted.
- The railway authority will not refund the amount once the departure time of the train is less than 2 hours or if the Guard Chart has been produced (E-Ticket Only).
- 50% refund will be given to the passenger after the departure of the train (within 3 hours of departure).
Note: This stipulation applies to paper ticket passengers only.
- If a train is cancelled or is late for more than 6 hours than Pakistan railways will refund the entire paid amount.
- If the reserved coach is not available in train due to coach damages or accidents, then railway authority will give a fully refund the amount.
Note: For the last two points, the passengers have to send a written application to CCM’s (Chief Commercial Manager) office. The application must contain a confirmation certificate and signature from station master to get a complete refund from Pak railway.
Also Read: How to refund PSL tickets
How to Get a Refund from Pakistan Railway Authority | E-Ticket
- Access Pak railway official website.
- Go to the e-ticket page on their website.
- Login to your Pak railway passenger account by entering account credentials.
- After logging in, you will see the passenger portal.
- Click on “see your confirmed orders”.
- On the right side of the booking details, you will see the “cancel/partial cancel” option. Click on it.
- After that, click on continue.
- On the next screen, you will see the order details, click on “confirm cancellation”.
- A message will be prompted on your screen. Click on yes to cancel your seat.
Note: The paid amount will be refunded through the same service provider such as banks, JazzCash and UBL Omni etc. that received the payment at the time of online booking.
How to Get a Refund from Pakistan Railway Authority | Paper Ticket
The paper tickets can only be refunded from the reservation centres. However, passengers avail the option of refunding their tickets from the nearest railway reservation centre.
- Go to any the railway reservation center with the tickets you have.
- Give the photocopy of your CNIC to the person in the railway reservation centre.
- After the verification of all the details, the amount will be refunded to you according to the above-mentioned refund policy of railway.
We hope that we have answered your question regarding how to get a refund from Pakistan railway authority. If you’ve liked this article, share it among your friends.