Due to the laws and regulations set by the PTA your phone can sometimes get blocked, but don’t worry, it’s not the end of the world. To unblock a phone blocked by PTA, all you have to do is go through this article and follow the directions.
Why Did PTA Block Your Phone?
After some time of usage, if your mobile phone is not registered with PTA, your phone will most likely get blocked. Registering your phone is essential as it helps PTA to keep track of the devices which have been imported legally and those that have been smuggled into Pakistan. In most cases, such phones that have been carried by the owner while traveling from abroad are unregistered with PTA and relevant tax must be paid to continue using them.
Unblock Your PTA Blocked Phone
Here’s how you can easily unlock a phone that has been blocked by the authorities:
- Open the PTA official website by following this link.
- On the bottom right corner, you will see a menu. Choose the very last option ‘Online Mobile Registration’ to proceed.
- Once you click this option, a new tab will automatically redirect you where you must create a new account and sign up as a new user.
- You will be asked to provide your personal information such as your name, phone number, email address, postal address, city, passport number, CNIC, and a password.
- Once you have filled in all the details in the form, your sign-up process will be complete.
- You will be emailed an activation link through which you can get access to your account.
- Log in to your newly created account and register your phone.
- It is important to remember that you can only register one mobile phone free of cost in a year. Any other phones that you might wish to register, you will have to pay tax for.
- You will also be required to add your IMEI number, which can be found on the phone box.
- Once you have submitted the form, you will receive a text message on your phone providing you the details of your PSID number and COC ID.
- If there is any tax amount that you need to pay for your device, it will also be mentioned in the SMS.
- To complete the registration of your PTA blocked phone, you will have to pay the tax in any major banking branch of Pakistan such as MCB, ABL, or NBP, etc.
- Upon payment, you will receive a text message indicating that your phone is now PTA approved.
How Much Tax Do You Need to Pay?
The tax calculation depends upon the price of the device you are using. Even if you have brought a used phone from abroad, the tax against it will be according to its current market rate.