Including section breaks in a long document makes it easier for the reader to navigate. Here’s how you can add or remove section breaks in a Word document.
Microsoft Word has done wonders for us when it comes to the editorial department. With a wide range of functionalities, it allows us to create the perfect document in a jiffy. Among the many features that we can access in Microsoft Word, the one that eases readability in a document has to be the section break. By introducing section and page breaks, the workflow becomes much easier.
Why do You Need Section and Page Breaks?
In a long document, introducing partitions in different parts comes in real handy and makes it easy for the reader to go through the document. For this purpose, section and partition page breaks are used.
Page and section breaks are mostly used when jumping to the next topic of discussion in a long document or introducing a new chapter in the book. A section page basically distinguishes some part of the text visually to provide an enhanced reading experience.
How to Insert a Section or Page Break
- In order to insert a section or a page break, you must first choose the place where you want to insert it in a text.
- Place your cursor in the document to indicate where you want the specific section to end and the next one to begin.
- Go to the top of the page and click on ‘Insert’.
- It will open a list of options. Click on ‘Break’.
- Next, choose the type of section break you want to introduce.
- Alternatively, click on ‘Layout’.
- Proceed to the options and choose ‘Breaks’.
- Similarly, choose the type of break you want to insert.
How to Remove a Section or Page Break
1. Start by displaying all the breaks inserted in a document.
2. Choose the section break you want to remove by highlighting it with your cursor.
3. Press the ‘Delete’ or ‘Backspace’ key on your keyboard.
The section break will be removed and the text will be formatted according to the next section.
Adding or removing section breaks in your Word document can help you better organize your text and get more control as far as formatting is concerned.