in ,

Bride Dies After Consuming ‘Lizard-Infected’ Milk in Islamabad

And she wasn’t the only one poisoned by it.

A newly-wed bride in the suburbs of Islamabad has died while the groom is fighting for his life after consuming ‘lizard-infected’ milk, the Federal Police said on Monday.

Neighbors of the affected couple informed the police of the incident who reached the spot in no time. Upon further investigation, they found a dead lizard in the milk container which was consumed by both.

The couple had tied the knot just last month and had been living in Jhangi Sayedan, a village in Islamabad Capital Territory.

Relatives of the deceased have refused calls to carry out the autopsy. The body of the bride has been subsequently handed over to them, the police said.

The groom however, remains in critical condition at a local hospital till the filing of this story.


ALSO READ

Protest in Islamabad Demands Lawmakers Take Action Against Child Rape


Open Sale of Hazardous Milk in Islamabad

Earlier in May, it was reported that as many as 46 milk spots in the city are selling hazardous milk, which has contributed to a rise in various diseases in the federal capital.

During a lab test, it was found that out of 52 milk samples, 46 of them were declared unsuitable for human consumption.

According to Punjab Pure Food (PPF), a healthy milk sample should contain at least 14 percent of solids. But these samples taken from Islamabad ranged from 5.2 percent to 9.48 percent. This, according to PPF, is not only below standards but also toxic to human health.

Written by Raza Rizvi

Comments

Leave a Reply
  1. Yes, obviously Olpers and Nestle are good options. Usually people avoid these packed milk. While these packed milks are far better than fresh milk.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Comments

0 comments

kiran-khan-pictures

Kiran Khan Is More Than Just A Cooking Show Host [Pictures]

Saba Qamar, Mahira Khan & Maya Ali Steal The Show at LSA 2019 [Pictures]