For today, we’ve got this simple recipe that’ll let you create perfect and delicious donuts, ever! These donuts are so good we’re sure you won’t be able to tell the difference between store bought and these homemade ones.
The best part? These homemade donuts don’t come with additional preservatives. With this recipe, you can either create those soft-center filled donuts, or even the usual chocolate glazed donuts. The possibilities are endless!
This simple donut recipe requires absolutely NO equipment, that means no mixers, ovens or fancy gadgets involved.
So lets get started shall we?
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tsp flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 drops vanilla essence
Method for Preparing Donut Recipe
- Heat the milk and butter together and mix it to all the remaining ingredients to form a dough allow proving for at least 45 minutes. Ensure the dough is soft!
- After the dough has risen, punch down the excess air and then create small equal sized portions/ balls of the dough and allow proving for an additional 20 minutes.
- After dough portions have risen, create small holes in the middle of each dough portion/ball to create a donut (however if you are aiming to make filled donuts, skip the step above).
- Deep fry the donuts on medium heat until light golden brown. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients over in a pan over medium height. Stir until the custard has thickened.
- Fill your piping bag with the custard.
- To fill your donuts, simply create a hole in the middle of the donut by piercing it with your piping back nozzle, squeeze the mixture in until custard oozes out a bit.
- Dust icing sugar over the donuts or glaze the top in chocolate ganache.
Create your favorite donuts from the comfort of your home and impress your friends and family this Eid with this sweet treat! Let us know in the comments below how this delicacy turned out for you.