Ever been in that situation where you had to choose between a waffle or a donut? What if you wanted both? A donut-waffle recipe perhaps?
Well, today we’re here to give you an exclusive 2 in one offer (don’t worry this isn’t an ad). They are sweet, delicious, and can go with your favorite dessert!
These adorable tiny donut waffles are perfectly crispy from the outside, and soft and airy from the inside, guaranteed to make you go D’awwwww.
Follow these simple steps to get you the most perfect donut and waffles. With just a few ingredients lying around your house, you can whip up the most perfect dessert or unique breakfast item. Let us know how this delicacy turned out for you.
Ingredients for Donut and Waffles Recipe
- Flour 1 1/2 cup
- Corn flour 1/2 cup
- Ground almond 3 tbsp
- Caster sugar 3 1/2 tbsp
- 2 eggs separated
- Hazelnut essence 1 tsp
- Milk 2 cups
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- melted salted butter 3 tbsp
- cinnamon powder 2 tbsp
- sugar 3 tbsp
Hot fudge sauce: (optional)
- Reese’s spread 2 tbsp
- Nutella 2 tbsp
- Peanut butter 2 tbsp
Note: You can also use ground pistachio/ walnut/ hazelnut/ peanut powder instead of almonds.
Method for Making Donut and Waffles Recipe
- Mix caster sugar, corn flour, flour, ground almond, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed, set aside.
- Whip egg yolks and add cold milk and hazelnut essence.
- Add the egg yolk-milk mixture to the dry ingredients and beat until no lumps are left behind.
- Fold in egg whites to the batter while being careful not to deflate the egg whites.
- Butter the waffle maker or mold to prevent sticking.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter in waffle maker (or as per your waffle maker/mold size)
- Allow to cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Apply salted butter on hot fresh waffles and coat in cinnamon sugar (optional)
- For the hot fudge, combine the chocolate spreads and peanut butter together and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds or until well combined. (Optional)
Top freshly buttered and coated waffles with hot fudge sauce and/or serve with ice cream, enjoy!
So what do you think of this donut and waffles recipe? Let us know in the comments below!