Just as enchanting as this seems, this Oreo Crème Filled Chocolate Pastry tastes even more delicious! This gourmet-inspired dish can now easily be recreated from the comfort of your home.
A light, airy choux pastry filled with a decadent Oreo crème filling and topped with a crispy yet delicate sugar cookie? This will surely leave you and your guests absolutely blown away by the unique flavor and appealing look it possesses.
The best part is this recipe does not actually contain any fancy ingredients and is highly inexpensive yet super fascinating.
So lets get to making this Chocolate Pastry shall we?
- Flour 2 ½ tbsp
- Granulated sugar 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter 2 tbsp
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 ¼ tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 ½ tbsp milk
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
Oreo Crème filling:
- 1 pack cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 6-8 Oreo biscuits
- In a bowl mix the butter, sugar and flour and baking powder until you reach a dough-like consistency.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper
- Cut 2” round circles using a cookie cutter and place it in the refrigerator to set.
- Preheat oven to 100 degrees
- In a saucepan on medium heat melt the butter, water, milk, and salt together.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the saucepan.
- Stir until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs gradually and continue to cook the choux pastry on low heat until the edges don’t stick to the sides of the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cool and place into a piping bag.
- Pipe the mixture on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (by the size of the 2’ inch cookie cut previously), ensuring you leave 2-3” gap between each pastry piped as this will double in size when baked.
- Place the each 2” cookie on each pastry piped and bake at 180 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cooling.
Oreo crème filling
- In a large bowl, add the cream
- Separate the Oreos and add the oreo cream filling into the bowl of cream
- Whip the cream and oreo filling and add icing sugar. Do this until light and fluffy.
- Crush the oreo biscuits and fold into the cream.
- Place the filling into a piping bag with a round nozzle
- Pierce the nozzle into the baked pate a choux and squeeze the filling inside until it oozes out, that’s how you know the pastry is full.
- Refrigerate for an hour and serve with dusted icing sugar on top. Enjoy!
Try this Chocolate Pastry recipe, and let us know in the comments below how it turned out for you, your friends & family!