Official: PTCL Wireless Broadband EVDO Launched
Much awaited PTCL’s EVDO service has been launched in Pakistan. Service has been launched officially in Lahore, Islamabad and Rawalpindi, while in its second phase, operations will kick going from 15th Feb, 2009 in Karachi.
PTCL’s EVDO service is provisioned through its WLL Network based on CDMA 2000 1x Rev-A technology. This is wireless broadband service which offers peak data rate of 3.1 Mbps downlink and 1.8 Mbps uplink. Average data rate is 500 to 700Kbps downlink and 300 to 500Kbps uplink. However, actual data rates depend on different factors. The subscriber will be able to access high speed internet while on the move.
Package 1: (FOR PTCL LANDLINE SUBSCRIBERS)
CPE charges: ZERO
Monthly service charges: Rs.2500 (per month) for 1 year for unlimited access
After 1st year Monthly Service charges: Rs.2000
No initial charges required and the charges will be billed with PTCL landline bill.
Package 2: (FOR PTCL LANDLINE SUBSCRIBERS)
Initial charges (CPE charges): Rs.4000
Monthly service charges: Rs.2000 for unlimited access
Monthly service charges will be billed with PTCL landline bill.
Package 3: (FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE PTCL LANDLINE)
CPE charges: Rs.4000
1st Month service charges: Rs.2000 for unlimited access
Total initial charges: Rs.6000
Monthly service charges will be billed in advance for each month.
- PTCL EVO Plays the GB Card, Offers New Packages
- PTCL Broadband: Tariff Increased, Monthly Data Limit Applied
- PTCL Revises its EVO Packages
- PTCL Extends Unlimited Offer for 256 Kbps DSL Till December
- PTCL Upgrades All 1Mbps Economy Subscribers to 2Mbps Economy Package
- Official: PTCL Launches 9.3 Mbps EVO Nitro Device
- PTCL to Offer WiFi Modems Without Monthly Charges, Revises 1 Mbps Tariff