An Open Letter to Chairman PTA
Pakistan Telecommunications Authority
Issue: Charging 5% on Recharge by all Mobile Companies
I would like to take this issue into your kind consideration that for the last few months, to be exact from August 2008, all mobile operators have been charging 5 % extra charges on recharging the balance. I would like to mention following points which are showing that these charges are against all the rules and regulation and make no sense;
- When all the mobile operators are reducing call rates there is no sense of charging 5 % without giving any reason to the consumer. We still see no further hiring for call centers or network expansion that could really better their service, as they had claimed.
- In all the businesses and transactions when you are paying any amount to any one, none has to pay penalty for that payment rather relief has been provided to customers throughout the world. Does this 5% extra charges make any sense.
- After deduction of 31 % taxes (10% with holding tax and 21 % General Sales Tax) all the money goes in to the account of the operators then why this 5 % charges being deducted on recharge. Are they now paying this 5% amount to any powerful personality?
- We have near 8 crore mobile customers in Pakistan. If we assume that 1 crore of them recharge their account, then it amounts over 100 crore recharge on daily basis. If we calculate 5% this extra deduction, it is estimated that 5 crore are being collected illegally. Why this 5 crore is being looted from innocent customers.
Dear Sir, I would like to make this case a history in the consumer right protection. Your Excellency, it is a matter of make or break. We have to stand up against all the forces which are killing the customer’s right with out any fear and discrimination.
Your decision in this case will be, definitely a wining situation of the consumers and build trust on our system of justice.
Me, and other 90 millions are waiting for your kind decision.
- Warid Updates its Advance Balance Service
- Warid Offers Advance Balance
- Breaking: Mobilink to Impose Call Setup Charges on Every Call
- Zong 100 Pay 100 Offer – 100% Free Balance on Every Recharge
- Ufone/Mobilink to Deduct 1.1 % Maintenance Charges from July 1st
- PTCL Offers EVLoad Service for EVO and Vfone
- SIM Jagao Offer by Warid