Official: SMS Tax Taken Back [Update]
Media, including State run TV, PTV has reported that government has decided to take back SMS tax, due to high customers’ demand, especially the youth of Pakistan.
Hina Rabbani Khar, while concluding budget discussion in National Assembly said that on huge demand from youth, government has decided to not to tax SMS services.
I rate this tax withdrawl as a victory of media and youth of Pakitan. Media played massive role, with exactly depicting the thoughts of the people of Pakistan. While, cellular customers explicitly opposed the decision on all fronts.
It was bit disappointing behaviour from cellular companies, who were contented with decrement of SIM activation tax and GST from 21 % to 19 %. They didn’t move much for the movement which was run by media and cellular subscribers for the withdrawl of SMS tax.
- Tax on SMS (Update)
- Cellphone Operators Criticise Tax on SMS, Seek Withdrawal
- Its About Time that Telcos Should Appoint an Industry Spokesperson
- Sindh Government to Ban Skype, Viber, WhatsApp and Tango for Three Months
- Telcos, Come Out of Decency and Strike Back Against Government Policies
- Instaphone Held Payable to PTA by Supreme Court
- Least Concerned about Punjab Assembly’s Verdict