Telecom Advisory: Things to Remember During Current Security Situation
Pakistan is currently in state of War, and we have been witnessing very unpleasant situation throughout the country.
In this crisis, cellular phones happen to be the most crucial communication channel during any mishap.
Please consider following things when you leave you home, just in case… (Allah Maaf Karay)
- Make sure that your cell phone battery is fully charged
- Make sure you have sufficient credit in your account, at least for a dozen text messages
- Make sure you know and remember the method of getting Uload/Jazz Advance/911 Balance, in case you are out of credit, to avail the advance balance services from your cellular provider.
- Try using cell phone casings to hold it tightly with your jeans/trousers. This will help you not to lose your phone while in the rush
- Make sure that Police (15) and Ambulance Service (115) or emergency (dial 911 even if you don’t have credit in your phone) are informed about the incident.
- In case of emergency, use text messages more than of voice calls – to avoid network congestion
- Don’t communicate excessively, meaning that voice calls to long list of friends, as mentioned above, send text messages to all of them about the situation.
- In case of network congestion, don’t give up – keep sending text messages to your friends and family. During network congestion retrying the service is the only way out to get the service.
- If there is anyone without cell phone, let him/her use your cell phone to communicate with his/her family about the situation – but make sure that the person you are lending your phone is innocent and not a part of terrorists. Avoiding giving cell phone can be one of the options in such a situation.
Please add further needful suggestions in comments
- Cell Phone Beggary Spreading in Peshawar
- Miss Calls – A Complete Mode of Communication
- Government Wants Increased SMS rates for Reduced Taxes
- India Puts 100 SMS Per Subscriber Per Day Limit
- Consumer Alert: No Charges on Incoming or Missed Calls
- SMS Bombers, What They are? and How they Work?
- TSF Deploys Free Phones in Flood Hit Areas