Walton Board is Stealing Passwords, Hosting a Yahoo Phishing Page
Walton Cantonment Board, which is responsible for holding and controlling most posh living areas like Defence Housing Authority, is sending Phishing emails to internet users of Pakistan.
Emails ask users to verify their Yahoo accounts, and pose as to be sent from Yahoo. However, the page that asks for user-name and password is hosted on Walton Cant Board’s official website.
This incident is a clear evidence of lack of interest from government and semi government organizations relating to information technology. This is merely because of those tech-ignorant bosses, who leave IT work on their webmasters, who are hired on references and not on merit.
By the way, phising is chargeable offense, and an Application to FIA will be enough to take the culprits to the jail. All evidences are provided below.
Beware: Any information entered on this page will be stored on Walton Cant website, and administrator who is involved in this criminal activity may compromise your account.
Check following screen shots for proof…!
Following is screen shot of email sent to users
When you click this link (given in email) http://wcb.gov.pk/logs/W3SVC26/yahoo/verify.html it takes to following phising page. It merits mentioning here that Walton Cantonment Board’s official web address is: http://wcb.gov.pk/
Thanks to Azhar Ayaz for tip
- Get Free email@example.com Email Addresses Just like Gmail
- Email Phishing Reaches Next Level, Pakistani Bank Account Holders Become Target
- Never Give Away your Email Password to Anyone!
- Get Free SMS alerts for Incoming Emails – All Networks Supported
- Why Peshawar Education Board Website is Promoting Certain Institutes?
- President of Pakistan's Website gets updated
- Online SSC/HSSC (Matric) Results 2011, for all Education Boards of Pakistan