Telenor Intended for Urdu Website, But then Gave Up!
First uncovered by Arsalan Mir, it was revealed that Telenor invested time and resources to get Urdu version of its official website running, however, it looks that project is lost by now.
It was a good thought on Telenor’s end to come up with local language, an easy way for masses to understand the services and products. However, it is apparent that (urdu version of) website isn’t updated for at least a year or so.
Just to add that Urdu version of Easypaisa’s website has gone missing too.
In a recent seminar on 3G, all five cellular mobile operator have signed MoUs to boost localized applications, content and services.
So let’s not rule out the chances for the revival of this website. Moreover, other operators may also maintain Urdu section on their websites.
- EasyPaisa Gets an Urdu Website
- Warid Starts Offering its Website in Urdu
- Growing Need to Adopt Responsive Website Designs
- PTA is Launching its Urdu Website Tomorrow
- Urdu Version for National Rabta Portal Launched
- Traffic Stats of Cellular Websites
- Google Translation Now Supports Urdu Language