PTCL Broadband: Tariff Revised, Monthly Data Limit Applied
Sources told us that PTCL has increased tariff for its student package – in addition a 50 GB data limit has been applied to 4Mbps, 6Mbps and 8Mbps DSL packages.
PTCL’s 1Mbps broadband connection is available in student package as well as simple bundled package. PTCL has revised monthly charges for student package whereas charges for the bundle offer, which gives you 1Mbps connection with 150 on-net free minutes and unlimited ‘Keh Do SMS’, are same. New tariff is as follows:
- New monthly charges: Rs. 929 (earlier they were Rs. 879)
Simple Bundled Package:
- Bundle package charges are same, i.e. Rs. 999
4Mbps, 6Mbps and 8Mbps Are No More UNLIMITED!
Apart from revising the tariff, PTCL has taken a big step here by capping the above mentioned DSL connections with a monthly usage limit of 50GB.
So from now onwards, be sure that if you go beyond this monthly limit, additional charges of Rs. 1000 will be applied.
Seems like PTCL, here, is following WiMax provider by applying this data usage limit. Those who were already using these connections are aware of the fact that 50GB can easily be consumed in less than one week.
If data limit of 50 GB is exceeded, then revised tariff would be:
Limited Broadband Packages
Unlimited Broadband Packages
4Mbps – Rs. 2000
4Mbps – Rs. 3000
6Mbps – Rs. 5000
6Mbps – Rs. 6000
8Mbps – Rs. 7000
8Mbps – Rs. 8000
- Note that 1Mbps, 2 Mbps, 10Mbps, 20Mbps and 50 Mbps are still unlimited.
- These revisions will be effective from 1st of August, 2011.
- This revision will not effect 2Mbps broadband plan and it will remain unlimited.
- Also note that installation charges will also be increased to 1000 which are Rs. 590, at the moment.
- PTCL to Offer WiFi Modems Without Monthly Charges, Revises 1 Mbps Tariff
- PTCL Increases EVO Prices
- LDN Revises Student DSL Package Prices
- PTCL to Charge DSL Customers Rs 1,000 Extra for Exceeding 50GB Limit
- PTCL Upgrades Broadband Student Package to 2Mbps for 2 Months
- PTCL Announces Economy Broadband Package
- PTCL Revises its EVO Packages