PTI Denounces Its Abusive Social Media Supporters
An official statement issued by PTI said that PTI cannot take responsibility for acts of any individual or any content posted by them to which it has no administrative control.
“But as a party policy it does publicly denounce individuals who use abusive language or engage in illegal activities”, the statement said.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf further said that it does not support any form of hacking of website(s), Facebook pages or Twitter accounts regardless of how adverse the point of view might actually be.
PTI Social Media Team does take this opportunity to reinforce the message of “Social Media Responsibility” as presented by the Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, urging supporters to show dignity and respect when discussing politics online.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf was alleged for covering supporters using abusive and explicit language against anti-PTI individuals. They were also alleged for hacking Facebook pages of anti-PTI TV anchors/shows.
PTI has specifically disowned “Insaaf Cyber Team”, a self proclaimed cyber team working for PTI, that was involved in hacking of various facebook pages that were against PTI.
- PTI Facebook Pages Hacked, Millions of Fans Lost
- PTI Launches Dedicated Internet TV Channel: Insaf TV
- PTI Gets Back Hacked Facebook Pages
- Screenshots of Hacker who Hacked PTI Facebook Pages
- Imran Khan Introduces SMS Based Updates for His Party Members
- High Turnout Expected in Elections 2013, Thanks to Social Media and Cell Phones
- Meet Brain Freeze, the Developers of Angry Imran