Telecom Sector Revenues Swell to 197 Billion in 1H 2012
Half yearly revenues of the telecom sector have reached to all time high of Rs 197.68 billion during the first half (July-December 2011) of current financial year.
Second quarter revenues for telecom sector stood at 99.4 billion, that’s all time high in a quarter, registering a growth of 9.1 percent over the corresponding quarter in previous year.
Stats, revealed by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, said that this growth in telecom revenues, despite declining ARPUs and stiff competition, is due to higher usage of telecom services in addition to service charges that telecom operators have been imposing over last one year or so.
The revenues of telecom sector can be divided into voice and data. With the increasing use of data services in the country, estimated data revenues of telecom operators are on the rise and have reached Rs. 25.9 billion during July-Dec 2011.
Overall, the share of data revenue in total telecom revenues has reached 12.4 percent in Oct-December 2012, up from 11.1 percent an year ago in Oct-Dec 2011.
- Telecom Revenues Reached Rs. 412 Billion During 2011-12
- Telecom Customers Paid Rs. 39.82 billion Taxes in H1FY12
- Mobilink Reports Positive Revenue Growth in Q2 2011
- Telecom Customers Paid Rs. 36.35 Billion as Taxes in H1 2010-11
- Mobilink Posts 10 % Growth in Revenues for Q1 2012
- PTCL Posts Rs 9.35 Billion Loss in Q1 2012-13
- Mobilink Posts Steady Q3 2012