Google.com.pk and 284 Other .PK Domains Hacked
Start page for majority of Pakistanis – when they first visited it this morning – was found hacked and defaced. Yes, Google.Com.PK along with 284 other .PK domains were hacked today (and are still defaced).
According to Irfan Ahmed, an expert on Pakistani websites and web-servers, this defacement is due to change in DNS entries for 284 .PK domains that are managed by MarkMoniter.
Defaced domains include Microsoft.PK, apple.PK, paypal.PK, ebay.PK, blogspot.PK, chrome.PK, Cisco.PK and others.
Apparently no one has claimed the responsibility for the incident, but a message appearing on defaced pages, including on Google.com.pk is displaying a message in Turkish language, hinting that the hacker could be Turkish in origin.
Hacker hasn’t left any message for anyone, unlike the norm that hackers follow to convey their message through such defacements.
However, there is a phrase saying “Downed Pakistan”, a sign of victory for hackers when the deface a website.
Check below the screenshot of hacked Google.com.pk – which is still in-tact for few users.
- PKNIC is Allegedly Hacked Again: Jang, The News, Express, ProPakistani Are Down
- Mubasher Lucman Gets Hacked
- Air University Website Hacked
- Israeli Bing, BBC, CNN, Coke, Amazon, CitiBank and Others Hacked by Pakistani Hackers
- Thousands of Websites Hacked by Muslims hacker to Protest Gaza Attacks
- PTCL Website Gets Hacked!
- PML(Q) Website Gets Hacked