Tune.PK, a Pakistani Video Sharing Website, Crosses 40 Million Playbacks per Month
Tune.Pk, a rising video sharing website originating from Pakistan, serves over 40 million playbacks per month.
Launched a couple of years ago by a passionate team of developers from Sialkot, Pakistan, headed by Arsalan Hasan, Tune.PK now serves over 14 million users per month with the whooping number of over 40+ million playbacks a month with an average daily playback of 20 years.
Currently there are over 100,000 videos hosted on the website, and this number is growing tremendously especially when there is no YouTube in the country.
Interestingly, more than 50 percent of viewers on Tune.PK are from abroad with more than 10 percent of total audience originating from USA, another 8 percent from UK with a major chunk from Gulf countries. Audience from Pakistan on Tune.PK comprises almost 48 percent of the total traffic that the website gathers.
Danish Mughal, the Marketing Manager of Tune.PK, said that website is hosted on over two dozen servers in Europe, and their team is currently in talks with PTCL for caching the streams that will enhance the quality for viewers and will save several thousands dollars for PTCL that it pays under the head of internet bandwidth.
Tune.PK currently offers 720P video quality, which they are planning to enhance to 1080p in near future.
Tune.Pk has proved that an indigenous solution can be a replacement for internet giants and we can rely on our local resources to retain the monetary advantage to ourselves. Not only this, we can probably scale up these solutions to serve the global audience.
- Dial-up Internet Will be Charged on 20 Mins Pulse Rate Basis
- Zong Offers Dial Tunes for Free
- Cellular Subscribers Cross 90 Million Mark – Mobilink still falling
- Pakistan Tops 2.9 Million Broadband Subscribers, EvDO Outruns DSL Subscriptions!
- PTCL Celebrates 1 Million Broadband Customers
- PTCL Launches Smart TV Application for PCs
- Despite Ban, Majority of Pakistanis Still Search for Indian Songs on YouTube