Youm-e-Ali: Cellular Services to Remain Suspended in Various Cities
Pakistan government, through Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, has directed the mobile operators in the country to keep their wireless and cellular services offline in various cities today on account of security threats on Youm-e-Ali (RA).
It is said that services are likely to remain offline in Karachi, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Gujranwala, Sargodha and other cities.
Cellular services will be suspended from 4pm to 8pm in Lahore. While Karachi will suffer service closure from 6am to 8pm.
PTA has confirmed the media about the planned service suspension and said that measures are taken on directions of Interior Ministry.
It maybe recalled that cellular and wireless service suspension on security threats was discovered by Mr. Rehman Malik, former Interior Minister, however, the idea is apparently being replicated by current government too.
Cellular operators have largely protested on these forced service suspensions, which hit hard their revenues during last three quarters.
Not to mention, no one compensates the subscribers for their monetary loss during these service suspensions.
- Cellular Services in Karachi, Quetta and Part of Islamabad to Remain Suspended Today
- Cellular Services Are Likely to Remain Suspended in Pakistan on May 11th
- Mobile Services to Remain Suspended in Karachi for Three Hours Today
- Mobile Services Likely to Remain Suspended During Eid: Rehman Malik
- Mobile Phone Services Not to be Suspended on Eid: Interior Minister
- Confirmed: Cellular Services to Remain Suspended in Karachi and Quetta Tomorrow
- Telcos Lost Rs. 600 Million Yesterday, But That’s Not the Only Thing to Worry About