A very amazing offer for Ufone users, which is that they can use GPRS over their Ufone numbers for FREE. Remember it’s a trick, not an official offer from Ufone…
A user has found this bug in Ufone’s GPRS network, and claims that it works fine. I personally tested it and found it working…
Updated: September 13, 2009
IP Address: 172.016.013.023
Access Point: ufone.ppt.wap2
To enjoy FREE GPRS follow below steps
- First of all activate your GPRS (if your GPRS is already active, then skip this process and start from point 5)
- Send a SMS in following Pattern [manufacturer(e.g.nokia)<space>model] and send it to 222
- You will get the GPRS setting through an SMS
- Save this SMS – Until now, your GPRS is activated and you can use GPRS, but it won’t be free. You will be billed as PKR 15 per 1 MB download
- Now the trick starts
- Go to tools> settings> connections> Ufone GPRS> Edit Ufone GPRS and write APN(Access Point Name) ufone.pmms – Previously it would be ufone.pwap
- You are ready and can start using FREE GPRS
- To use messengers go to Tools> Setting> Connection> Ufone GPRS> Options> Advance Setting and Change DNS
- primary 172.16.13.21
- 2ndary 172.16.13.119
This hack works perfectly fine, so start enjoying the FREE GRPS Internet. If you are a postpaid user, better give a try on prepaid number before start using it on your postpaid number.
If you get server timeout message, don’t worry; that just a temporary down time, in such a case wait for couple of hours and your free internet will be available again.
Let me know if someone faces problems, so i may update the post; remember, its a hack and may stop working anytime.
Keep enjoying FREE GPRS INTERNET
Update: (July 15, 2008): This trick does not work anymore. I am trying to find out any new way for Free GPRS Internet on Ufone. If any one knows, then please share the trick with us. Thanks