Warid can now help you find various places of interest while you are on move. All you need is to send an SMS and you will get a response from Warid displaying you a list of restaurants, Banks, ATMs, Mosques or hotels near you.
Warid Location Based services are very affordable in terms of pricing, user friendly and helpful for those who often travel to new places.
How to find a place using Warid Location Based Services?
To find a Place via SMS, type
NEAREST<space><CATEGORY NAME> and send to 141
To find a Place via MMS, type
NEAREST<space><CATEGORY NAME><space>MMS and send to 141
Note: You need to input exact category name, which are which are
- Dining (restaurants)
- Banks (ATM, and branches)
- Religion (mosques, churches, temples)
You can always get the updated list of categories by typing
CAT<space>LIST and send it to 141
Location Based Services Via WAP
You can also access Location Based Services through WAP
To find a Place open this URL: http://lbs.waridtel.com/mm
Other Commands for Location Based Services
<LOC> and send it to 141 User gets his/her own location on SMS
LOC<space>MMS and send it to 141: User gets his/her own location on MMS
LOC<space>NUMBER and send it to 141: User can forward his/her location to the desired number through SMS
LOC<space>NUMBER<space>MMS and send it to 141: User can forward his/her location to the desired number through MMS
HELPM and send it to 141 User gets the list of all Mobile Map commands
Service Charges for Place Finder via SMS
For each request of finding a place, Rs.3 + tax will be charged. On successfully receiving the requested location of place, Rs.3 + tax will be deducted from your account.
Total Price: 3 + 3 = Rs. 6 per location (Excluding Taxes)
Service Charges for Place Finder via MMS
Total Charges: 3 + 3 = Rs. 6 (Excluding Taxes)
- There are no subscription charges, hence you will be charged only when you request for any place
- The distance given by “Warid Place Finder” can be un-accurate by 500m. (As you location will be measured by the tower you are connected to)
- Maps service is currently available to subscribers in Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Peshawar only.
- You need to have MMS and WAP activated in order to use Warid Location Based Services Via MMS or WAP