After the phenomenal success of Facebook MMS feature, Warid introduces yet another exciting service “Facebook Mobile text” and with this exciting service now its all through SMS. Customers can update their status, post on their friend’s wall, message their friends, add new friends, poke them and much more, simply by sending SMS to 32665 (FBOOK).
Warid customers will have to synch their Face book account with their Warid Mobile numbers on Face book website. From then on, they can send & receive status updates, post on friend’s walls, message friends to their inbox & much more.
In addition to this, customer will also receive notifications related to Facebook for FREE
- Log in to your Facebook account at http://www.facebook.com/mobile
- Go to your “Profile” page & enter “Info” tab. Enter your phone number under “Contact Information” and save settings.
- Under Settings, click on “Account Settings” and go to “Mobile” tab.
- Click on the link “Register for Facebook Mobile Texts”
- A pop up window will appear. Select the country as Pakistan and select the carrier from drop down menu as “Warid Telecom. Click on Next
- Send ‘F’ in SMS to 32665. After sending the SMS, click next
- You will receive a code, that you will enter in the designated space under “Enter the code here”.
- Once the code is entered and confirmed, your mobile number will be linked with Facebook. You will be guided to the configurations page.
- Set your configurations according to your choice, and click on “Save Preference”. You will notice your phone number listed in the drop down menu under “My Phones”.
- You are all set to use Facebook Mobile Texts
Set up Facebook Status:
Send your status update at 32665. i.e., <content> to 32665, e.g., “Its raining here in Islamabad after so many days!” to 32665
Send Message to a Friend:
Send a message to your friend. i.e., “message <space> <friend’s name> <content>, e.g., “message Hammad Hey bro! Where’s the party tonight?” to 32665
Write on Friend’s Wall:
Scribble on your friend’s wall. Send an SMS to 32665 along with your friend’s name. i.e. “wall <friend’s name> <content>, e.g., “Wall Haider Hey dude! Heard you’r leaving for states! Best of luck” to 32665.
Poke a Friend:
Now you can poke your friend as much as you want. Send “poke <friend’s name>” to 32665.
Search for Friend’s Information:
Send “find <friend’s name> to 32665, and get his/her info on the information on name, e-mail, status, marital status and more.
Add a Friend:
Simply send SMS to 32665 as “add <friend’s name>. Don’t worry, if there are multiple names available. You will receive SMS with list of closest matches of your friend’s name.
Find a Friend’s E-mail:
Need your friend’s e-mail address? Is he a friend on Facebook? Send his/her name in SMS as “email <name>” to 32665. You will receive an SMS along with the desired e-mail address.
Undo Status Change:
If a customer updates a status, which needs to be deleted or removed immediately, simply reply the notification with “undo”. The recent status update will be removed.
To find additional commands, send “help” in SMS to 32665, you will receive a list of commands that can be used to perform activities on Facebook.
To deactivate notifications on mobile handset, send “OFF” to 32665. You will be longer be able to receive notifications on your handset.
To re-activate notifications on mobile handset, send “ON” to 32665. You will start receiving notifications. Please note that the first time setup requires the code that needs to be entered in Facebook Mobile Text setup.
The service is available for both prepaid & postpaid
Facebook notifications are FREE of cost
Facebook SMS charges are Rs. 1/SMS