Twitter has officially partnered with Telenor to enable it’s users to send/receive tweets on Phone via SMS.
How to Register your number:
If you are already a Twitter user then log in to your twitter account,
- point your browsers to this link:http://twitter.com/devices
- choose ‘Pakistan’ as country
- Enter your phone number and let the carrier as preselected ‘Telenor’ and follow the wizard to complete registration.
After Registration you will be enabled to
- Send tweets with text messaging on your phone.
- Receive texts for DMs and the tweets from users you want to be notified about.
Send SMS on 40404 with following commands:
- FOLLOW username > Start following a user
- UNFOLLOW username > Stop following a user
- ON/OFF > Turn all Tweet notifications on or off
- ON/OFF username > Set Tweet notifications for a user on or off (you’ll still be following
- them even if you set it to off)
- GET username > Shows you the latest tweet from any user
- RT username > Retweet a user’s latest tweet
- FAV username > Favorite a user’s latest tweet
- D username your-message > Send a direct message to a user
- There’s no subscription fee
- Charges for sending SMS to 40404 is Rs. 1 plus tax
- Receiving messages from 40404 is free