How to Get an @me.com Email Address For Free?
5 years ago
It’s been almost a year since the Cupertino based company launched it’s MobileMe Alternative i.e “iCloud.” There were many features i.e Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Photos, Notes, documents, and not to forget keeping them Automatically in sync across all your devices was the main purpose of iCloud.
The name itself is self-explanatory. In the many features included, there was one which gave people owning an iDevice or a Mac to get a free @me.com E-mail address and the best thing about it was it was totally Ad-FREE E-mail!
So anyone who still didn’t know about this bonus feature provided by Apple to those owning an iDevice or a Mac, then they should get started and get @me.com e-mail address free of cost!
There are two ways of getting this @me.com address:
1. If you have an iPhone/iPod Touch or iPad running iOS 5 or above.
2. If you are running OS X Lion 10.7.2 Or Above.
Don’t worry I’ll teach you both the methods. But in order to get the email address you need an Apple ID.
Method 1 (for users having an iDevice):
1. Open your settings and scroll down, there you will find a new tab i.e iCloud.
2. Open iCloud and then enter your apple id. After that turn on sync for mail.
3. After turning on sync you will notice that a new window would open asking you for choosing a desired e-mail address.
4. After you have chosen a valid e-mail address, Voila! You are good to go! You can now use your new E-mail Address and access it from any browser via iCloud.com or any other E-mail client.
Note: While choosing your E-mail Apple doesn’t ask you for a password because it will be the same as the one you have for your Apple ID.
• 5GB of space is provided by apple for free, if you want more you can surely upgrade for money
Method 2 (for Users having a Mac):
1. Open up System Preferences, and then click the iCloud icon under Internet& Wireless Category.
2. Sign-in with your Apple-ID and then turn on the sync option for Mail.
3. Now choose your desired Username.
NOTE: Your password would stay the same as the one you have for your Apple ID
4. Bravo! Your done!
5. Now you can access your E-mail via iCloud.com or any other mail client.
6. Enjoy an Ad-Free Email Account!
Note: 5GB of space is provided by apple for free, if you want more you can surely upgrade for money. Additional 10GB for $20/year, 20GB for $40/year, or 50GB for $100/year.
• 5GB storage space covers mail, documents, and mobile backup data. Your purchased music, apps, books, and Photo Stream photos won’t count against your 5GB limit.