If you thought only Microsoft was making a Windows 8 tablet, you were wrong. Lenovo and other companies are already in this race. Lenovo announced its first Windows 8 tablet, the Thinkpad Tablet 2 way back in June but its only now that they’ve revealed the complete features and the release date.
The specs of the Thinkpad Tablet 2 make it one of the most feature-rich tablets available right now. Here are the key specifications:
- 10.1 inch capacitive, multitouch touchscreen
- IPS Display with a resolution of 1366 x 768
- Optional 3G and 4G connectivity
- Thickness: 9.8 mm
- Intel Atom processor
- 8 megapixel rear-facing camera
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- A stylus with a slot at the back of the tablet
- MicroHDMI output/ NFC/ Ethernet Jack
- Full size USB port
- 10 hour battery life
- Support for multiple users
Lenovo hasn’t announced the price for the Thinkpad Tablet 2 yet. Our only gripe with this tablet currently is its name. The original Thinkpad Tablet was an Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet so a new name would’ve been appreciated but still its not much of an issue.
The Thinkpad Tablet 2 will be launched in October. Since both Microsoft Surface and Windows 8 will launch on October 26, you should expect the Thinkpad Tablet 2 to launch on the same date or later that month.