ZTE, the quickly emerging Chinese manufacturer, has announced a new smartphone which runs on Intel’s Atom-based Clover Trail+ processors. The smartphone called the Geek runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
The ZTE Geek comes with a large 5 inch display with 720p HD resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass. It has a 2Ghz dual-core Intel Clover Trail+ processor, dedicated graphics and 1GB RAM. The amount of internal memory is set at 8GB, which is also expandable. Finishing on this phone is done with glossy plastic, which is not our favourite but definitely not something that you can’t live with.
The phone also has a 8 megapixel camera at the back with HD video recording, along with a 1mp camera on the front for video-calls. The list of connectivity options is quite modest too with 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, microUSB 2.0 and 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi. The battery which powers the phone up is 2300mAh big.
Here are the full specs of the ZTE Geek:
- Customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- 5 inch display with 720p HD resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels
- Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2Ghz dual-core Intel Atom Clover Trail+ processor
- 1GB RAM with 8GB storage (expandable via microSD card slot)
- PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- 8 megapixel rear camera with video recording and LED Flash
- 1 megapixel front-facing camera for video-calls
- 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0, GPS, Wifi, Wifi Hotspot
- 2300 mAh battery
- Available in Black
There’s no info on the pricing and availability of this phone currently but it should be available in third quarter of this year at least. This phone too, along with other capable flagships from less-known manufacturers has the ability to become a bestseller if it strikes the right chord with a perfect mix of features, reliability and swallow able price.