Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has directed cellular companies to suspended all cellular and wireless services in Islamabad and Rawalpindi, effective immediately till 5 PM today.
It is said that suspension has to do with security threats during Li Keqiang, Chinese Prime Minister’s stay in Islamabad.
Suspension of cellular service has now become a routine, with no protest — at least publicly — from cellular companies again the act.
It merits mentioning here that mobile phone customers are never compensated for the loss they bear due to cell phone suspensions. Such monetary loss of customers include advance deduction of “Daily Charges” by mobile phone companies on various services that they can’t use during service suspensions.
Examples of such advance charges are:
- Line rent for postpaid users
- Daily charges for various voice packages. There are some packages that come with daily rentals.
- Daily charges for SMS, MMS packages
- Daily charges for mobile Internet bundles.
- Daily charges on various VAS, such as dialling tunes, missed call alerts and others