Recently, PTCL released an Android app called SmartLink for customers who have subscribed to PTCL’s Broadband DSL service. The app uses your WiFi connection and allows you to make landline calls from your smartphone. Not only that, you can forward your landline calls to your smartphone through app and it also allows you to instant message and video call other SmartLink users.
Using the app, you can freely leave the house without missing any calls on your landline. Balance running out? Simply fire up the SmartLink up and use your landline to make the call. Other features of the app include the ability to watch over 150 channels that are available through the PTCL Smart TV service and PIA flight inquiries.
Right now, the app is available in 5 cities: Islamabad/Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi, Faisalabad and Peshawar with more cities expected to be added to the list soon.
How to use PTCL Smartlink:
If you want to avail the service, simply download the SmartLink app from here and click ‘Register’. Just fill out the registration form which requires details about your PTCL connection, Name, CNIC, Account ID, email and Cell number. Once the credentials you entered are verified, the app will be registered and SmartLink service will be activated.
PTCL will usually call you within 24 hours to validate your subscription but you can also call them yourself at 1236 to get started right away.
- All you need to have is a PTCL Landline number, on which you will register your PTCL Smart app
- Your landline number should be registered in: Islamabad/Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi, Faisalabad and Peshawar
- Once registered, you can make landline calls (with-in Pakistan) from PTCL Smart app
- You can also receive calls for your registered PTCL number directly on your app — simply forward your landline number to your app
- You can be on non-PTCL WiFi to use the Smart app
- Your App-to-Landline calls will be charged as per your usual landline tariff
- Laneline-to-app calls are free. Call forwarding should be enabled on your landline number as you have to forward calls to your PTCL smart app.
- Your app-to-app voice/video calls and sms are absolutely free
- Watch 150 Live TV Channels with PTCL SmartLink App — smart tv subscription required.
- PTCL Smart App will also work with 3G.
- PTCL Smart app is currently available for Android phones only
The app is free to use and the SmartLink service doesn’t have any subscription charges.
PTCL has confirmed ProPakistani that its SmarLink app is restricted for use only in Pakistan, i.e. anyone using this app from abroad won’t be able to use the app.
Moreover, the app is in beta and hence only one instance of subscription is allowed on a smartphone. More instances — meaning that multiple users using the same login on different smartphones — might get allowed after the launch.