Samsung’s latest phone in the new ‘A’ series of Galaxy phones is official with the Galaxy A7. Chances are you already know about it and you won’t be alone; we’ve been seeing it come for long.
The Galaxy A7 marks a high-point for Samsung as it is the thinnest phone the company has ever rolled out at just 6.3mm. It’s display measures 5.5″, larger than either the A5 or A3. It packs 1080p resolution. Quite like the iPhone 6 Plus, then?
Not really. Underneath, you get a choice of two smartphone chipsets: a quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 615, or Samsung’s home-baked Exynos 5430. That last one is 32-bit. There’s also 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage, which is expandable via microSD.
The Galaxy A7 comes with a 6.3mm wide chassis, a 5.5 inch display and premium metal finish
The Galaxy A7 packs duo 13 and 5 mp cameras on the rear and front. The smartphone runs on Android 4.4 KitKat, customized via TouchWiz. Update for 5.0 Lollipop should be on the way. The phone, which supports Cat. 4 LTE is powered by a 2,600 mAh battery.
Naturally, you get a metallic design and premium finish, customary in this series. The phone will be available in a choice of three colors: Dark Blue, Gold and White. Prices are not known but it will be “competitive”.
So there you have it, the Galaxy A7. In case you’re interested, be sure to look out for it by the end of this quarter.
Samsung Galaxy A7 Specifications:
- Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53 – LTE/3G Dual SIM model
- Quad-core 1.8 Cortex-A15 GHz & quad-core 1.3 Cortex-A7 GHz – LTE model
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 – LTE/3G Dual SIM model
- Exynos 5 Octa 5430 – LTE model
- OS: Android OS, v4.4.x (KitKat)
- Supported Networks: GSM, HSPA, LTE
- Dimensions:151 x 76.2 x 6.3 mm
- Weight: 141 g
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 5.5 inches (~72.5% screen-to-body ratio), 720 x 1280 pixels (~267 ppi pixel density)
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal: 16GB
- Card slot: microSD, up to 64GB
- Primary: 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: 5 MP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, A-GPS, GLONASS, microUSB v2.0
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery
- Price/Release Date: Exp. release 2015, Q1